What To Do With The Living Will/Advance Directive?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Estate Planning Articles
- Are Advance Directives Only For Older People?
- Who Can Fill One Out?
- Who Can Be A Witness?
- Who Can Be The Proxy?
- Withdrawing Specific Treatments
- Can Life Support Treatments, Even Tube Feedings, Be Withheld Or Withdrawn Even If The Patient Does Not Have A Living Will/Advance Directive?
- Can Unexpected Recoveries Happen?
- Is The Advance Directive Legal In Other States?
- What If I Change My Mind?
- Where Do I Get Help With Advance Directives?
- Is The Advance Directive A Medical Order?