What Is The Freedom Of Information Act?
- National defense and foreign policy secrets;
- Trade secrets;
- The agency`s rules and practices regarding its personnel;
- Interagency legal and policy documents;
- Personnel files and other records whose disclosure would invade someone`s privacy;
- Documents involving financial institutions and
- Some geological surveys.
If the requested information has already been disclosed to the public, the agency does not have to reveal it again. If you do not know which governmental agency can supply you with the information you need, you can contact the Federal Information Center at PO Box 600, Cumberland, Maryland 21502 or at the following phone numbers:
|Eastern Time Zone||(800) 3471997|
|Central Time Zone||(800) 7358004|
|Mountain Time Zone||(800) 3593997|
|Pacific Time Zone||(800) 7264995|
|If you are deaf and use telecommunication devices||(800) 3262996|
The agency must inform you whether it will grant your request within ten days of receiving your request. If an agency denies your request, it must tell you why and inform you of your right to appeal its decision through the federal court system. Usually courts are reluctant to rule against an agency`s decision.
Speak to an Experienced Environmental Protection Agency Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified environmental protection agency lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local environmental protection agency attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Environmental Protection Agency Articles
- What Is The National Environmental Policy Act Of 1969?
- What Is The Council On Environmental Quality?
- What Is The Federal Water Pollution Control Act?
- What Is The Safe Drinking Water Act Of 1974?
- What Is The Lead Contamination Control Act?
- What Is The Marine Protection, Research And Sanctuaries Act?
- What Is The Federal Insecticide, Fungicide And Rodenticide Act?
- What Is The Resource Conservation And Recovery Act?
- What Is The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, And Liability Act?
- What Is The Oil Pollution Act?
- What Is The Endangered Species Act?
- What Is The Wilderness Act Of 1964?
- What Is The Occupational Safety And Health Act Of 1970 And The Occupational Safety And Health Administration?
- What Is The Clean Water Act?
- What Is The U.S. Environmental Policy Act?
- Where Can I Make An Official Complaint Against A Person Or Business That I Believe Is Illegally Polluting The Air Or Water?
- What Exactly Are The Protections Afforded To Endangered Or Threatened Species?
- Is There A Web Site Where Can I Find The Epa Air Emission Standards Or Operational Legal Limits For My Small Business?
- Where Can I Find Up-To-Date Regulations Concerning Air Quality Standards For Smog And Particulate Matter?
- The Epa Will Prosecute Polluters On Behalf Of The General Public, But What If Someone Pollutes Your Land? Who Will Stop Them?