How Long After An Injury Do I Have To Report It To My Employer?
You should inform your employer immediately of any work related injury. Alabama law requires that you give notice to your employer within 5 days of the injury and in any case within 90 days following the accident. Failure to do so may result in loss of your workers` compensation benefits. If the employer had actual knowledge of the injury then it may be equivalent to notice being given.
Alabama Workers' Compensation FAQs
- How Do I Know If My Employer Is Covered By Workers' Compensation?
- What Workers' Compensation Benefits Am I Entitled To?
- If I Am Injured On The Job Can I Choose The Doctor Who Treats Me?
- When Will My Benefits Begin And How Much Will They Be?
- If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?
- My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?