What Is The Relevant Law In Michigan That Governs Animals And Pets?
Michigan State Statute Sections 287.321 323 and Sections 750.49 750.50 addresses most pet and cruelty to pet issues.
Michigan Pet Law FAQs
- Am I Legally Responsible If My Dog Bites A Human Being?
- What Does It Mean For My Dog To Be Considered A Dangerous Dog?
- What Are The Consequences If My Dog, Which Has Been Determined A Dangerous Dog Bites Another Person?
- My Dog Was Killed By A Law Enforcement Officer. Can I Recover Damages For My Dog Being Killed?
- Can I Be Liable For Damages In A Trespass Action If My Dog Enters My Neighbor's Property?
- Am I Required To Obtain A License For My Dog?
- Am I Required By Law To Keep My Dog On A Leash?
- Am I Allowed To Tie My Dog Up So That He Does Not Run Free From My Property?
- Is It Illegal To Let My Female Dog Run Free When She Is In Heat?
- Are There Any Legal Processes That I Must Go Through If I Sell My Dog?
- Is It Illegal To Abandon A Dog Or Other Animal That I No Longer Wish To Care For?
- If I Find A Stray Dog Can I Keep It As My Own?
- If I Find Someone's Lost Dog Am I Entitlted To Any Compensation For Caring For It?
- Is It A Felony To Harass A Police Dog?
- Are There Restrictions On Where I Can Bury A Dead Animal?
- Do I Need To Obtain A License To Breed Animals?
- Can I Set Up A Trust Or Will So That When I Die A Person Of My Choosing Will Receive Ownership Of My Pet?
- Is Dog Fighting Illegal?