Who Is Authorized To Perform A Marriage Ceremony?
There are two types of person authorized to perform a marriage ceremony:
- a member of the clergy who has been registered under the Act (by the Minister of the Government responsible for the administration of the Marriage Act, or his/her designated official), or,
- a marriage commissioner appointed by the Minister under the Act;
Search LawInfo's Marriage Resources
Additional Massachusetts Marriage FAQs
- What Is Required For The Marriage Ceremony To Take Place?
- What Is Required After Solemnization Of A Marriage?
- What Is An Annulment And How Would It Be Obtained?
Family Law Sub-categories