Where May A Tenant File A Complaint Against The Landlord?
The Rental Accommodations Office, Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, 941 North Capitol Street NE, Seventh Floor, Washington, DC 20002, Phone: 2024424610. In addition, the MultiDoor Dispute Resolution Division at D.C. Superior Court mediates disputes between the landlord and tenant. Parties may consult the Legal Aid Society for legal advice.
Search LawInfo's Landlord Tenant Law Resources
Additional District of Columbia Landlord Tenant Law FAQs
- How Can I Sue In Landlord And Tenant Court?
- When Can I Sue In Landlord And Tenant Court?
- Where Are You Located And What Are The Business Hours?
- Do I Need To Bring Anything To File The Suit?
- How Soon Is A Landlord And Tenant Case Heard After It Is Filed?
- What Happens On The Court Date?
- I Need More Time To Pay My Rent, What May I Do?
- May I Pay My Rent Into The Court Registry Until The Repairs Are Made?
- What Must I Do If I Cannot Meet A Payment Plan?
- What May The Landlord Do If The Tenant Fails To Make His Rental Payments According To A Consent Agreement?
- I Have A Default Judgment, What May I Do To Evict The Tenant?
- How May I Get Monies Released From The Court Registry?
- How May I Get A Money Judgment?
- How Much Time Do I Have To Execute Or Follow Through On The Money Judgment?
- How May I Collect On The Money Judgment?
- What May Be Done If The Landlord Fails To Complete Repairs On Time?
- Will The Court Appoint An Attorney?
- How May I Evict A Tenant Who Is Suspected Of Selling Drugs?
- Why Must I Pay An Additional $70.00 Eviction Fee When I Have Already Filed A Writ Of Restitution To Evict The Tenant?
- I Was Wrongfully Evicted, What May I Do?
- How Can I Learn About D.C. Rental Law?
- Is There Any Basic Information I Need To Know About Renting?
- What Do I Need To Know About My Security Deposit -- And When Can I Get It Back?
- Does My Security Deposit Collect Interest?
- Is There Anything Special I Need To Know About Getting A Group House?
- If Something Needs To Be Fixed When I Move In, What Should I Do?
- When Is A Landlord Permitted To Raise The Rent?
- Can I, As A Tenant, Be Cited For Violating Housing Codes?
- Does A Landlord Have An Obligation To Heat An Apartment?
- What About Air Conditioning?
- What Can I Be Evicted For -- And What Is The Process?
- What Else Does The Tenant's Guide Cover?
- Can The Hra Help Me In Other Ways?
- How May I Get The Landlord To Make Repairs?
- Can My Landlord Enter My Apartment -- Or Let Repairmen In -- When I'm Not There?
- Whom Do I Call If I Disagree With My Landlord?
- May I Sue The Landlord For Damage To Property?
- Should I Ask The Landlord For An Official Inspection Of The Apartment Before I Move In?