What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
You have the right to appeal a determination affecting your rights to benefits. You have 14 days from the date the Eligibility Determination was mailed to protest. Your protest must be made in writing and must be signed. Mail or handdeliver your protest to the local Job Service office that made the determination. Make sure you include your Social Security number on your protest and the reasons you disagree with the determination. The Appeals Bureau will notify you of the date and time of the hearing.
All hearings are held via a conference telephone call. At the scheduled time for the hearing, a representative of the Appeals Bureau will call you, your employer, a Department of Labor representative, and any witnesses that are to appear at the hearing. A lawyer or anyone else may participate in the hearing to help you.
Additional Idaho Labor & Employment Law FAQs
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- When Should I File My Initial Claim For Benefits?
- How Is My Benefit Amount Determined?
- Can I Work And Still Collect Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I File For Weekly Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- Why Didn't I Receive A Check For The First Week I Was On Ui?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Can I Get Information About My Claim?
- Where Can I Obtain More Information On Filing An Appeal?
- What Can I Do If I Still Disagree With The Appeals Examiners Decision?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- What Are The Reporting Requirements?
- What Tax Rate Will I Be Required To Pay?
- Please Explain The New Hire Program.
- How Do I Report New Hires?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Is Permitted To Work?
- What is the minimum wage in Idaho?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Is There A Law Regarding Paydays?
- Is My Employer Required To Provide Vacation Or Sick Pay?
Labor & Employment Law Sub-categories