When Should I Apply For Unemployment Benefits?
You should file for benefits immediately after you are separated from employment. Your claim is effective the Sunday of the week in which you first file for benefits. Ordinarily, you do not get paid for the weeks prior to the week you filed your initial claim.
Additional Connecticut Labor & Employment Law FAQs
- What is the minimum wage in Connecticut?
- When Must An Employer Pay Overtime?
- Does Paying An Employee By Salary Exempt Them From Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To Lunch And Rest Breaks?
- Must An Employer Provide Sick Pay, Vacation Pay Or Holiday Pay?
- If I Am Fired From My Job, How Soon Must My Employer Pay Me?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Owes Me Wages?
- Is There A Law Regarding Required Paydays?
- What Are The Criteria To Be Considered An Independent Contractor?
- How Do I Know If I Am Eligible To Receive Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I File A Claim For Benefits?
- How Much Compensation Can I Receive?
- Can I Still Receive Benefits If I Am Working Part Time?
- Can I Collect Benefits If I Quit My Job?
- Can I Appeal A Denial Of Unemployment Benefits?
- Must I Hire An Attorney To Represent Me At The Hearing?
- Can I Obtain My Personnel File From My Employer?
- Should I Continue To File Claims For Benefits While Awaiting A Decision From The Appeals Division?
- What If My Former Employer Appeals And The Decision Is Made In Its Favor?
- When Will I Be Informed Of The Appeals Division Decision?
- How Do I Determine Whether Or Not I Am Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Much Must An Employer Pay In Unemployment Taxes?
- Can An Employer File Their Quarterly Unemployment Compensation Returns Online?
- Can You Explain The Connecticut New Hire Program?
- What Methods Are Available For Reporting New Hires?
- Please Explain The Connecticut Apprenticeship Program.
- Is There Any Financial Assistance For Apprenticeship Programs?
- What Happens When I Complete My Apprenticeship?
- Please Explain The Customized Job Training (Cjt) Program.
Labor & Employment Law Sub-categories