How do I know if I have one of these devices?
Guidant designs and manufactures three types of cardiac rhythm devices: pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs), and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices. Only a subset of pacemakers are included in this communication.
To determine if your device is included among those described in this safety information communication, you can do one of the following:
• Check your Guidant patient identification card for the model and serial number
• Go to the Guidant Web site: ( www.guidant.com/lookup)
Contact Guidant Technical Services at 1-866-GUIDANT (1-866-484-3268)
Additional Guidant Heart Devices FAQs
- What are defibrillators?
- What should I do if I have one of these heart devices?
- What is the appropriate follow-up period for my pacemaker?
- If I have one of these devices, what is the likelihood that my device will fail?
- What defibrillator models are being recalled?
- What should patients do if they are uncertain about their own Guidant defibrillator? Are there warning signs of defectiveness?
- Can I file a lawsuit for having a faulty defibrillator?
- How do I know if I have a recalled Medtronic heart device?
- What should I do if I think I have an ICD or CRT-D device that could be affected?
- What if I don't know my device model?
- What if I don't know who implanted my device?
- Are these devices covered by a warranty?
- Do I need to have my device replaced?
- If I have one of these devices, is my life in danger?
- If I have a device that recently was implanted, should I be worried?
- Are any other Medtronic devices impacted? What about pacemakers?
Defective Medical Devices Sub-categories
DePuy Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Zimmer Knee Replacement