How Long Does the Typical Foreclosure Process Take in Iowa?
Most foreclosures on Iowa property take about 5 or 6 months to complete. Iowa is a judicial foreclosure state. Therefore, all foreclosures occur through the judicial system so the time frame can vary according to the court’s schedule and orders in a particular case.
Search LawInfo's Foreclosure Resources
Additional Iowa Foreclosure FAQs
- Does Iowa Law Allow for a Redemption Period After a Foreclosure?
- Where and When do Foreclosure Sales Take Place in Iowa?
- What Public Notice Requirements are There for a Real Estate Foreclosure in Iowa?
- Can a Lender Sue a Borrower for a Deficiency Judgment if the Lender is Still Owed Money After a Foreclosure Sale in Iowa?
- How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Iowa?
- Can I Keep My Home If I File Bankruptcy in Iowa?