What Is Child Support?
Additional Child Support FAQs
- What Is Child Support Used For?
- Who Can Be Offered To Pay Child Support?
- When Can A Child Support Order Be Changed Or Modified?
- How Long Must Child Support Be Paid?
- How Is The Amount Of Child Support Determined?
- Obligor And Obligee - Which One Is Which?
- What Other Items Do Formulas Consider?
- What Income Items Do Typical Formulas Consider?
- After A Child Has Been Raised, Is The Parent Who Raised Them Able To Sue For Back Child Support?
- What About Allocation Of Standard Living?
- My Husband And I Have Decided To Use Artificial Insemination To Have A Child. Will The Donor Be Obligated To Support The Child?
- Can The Parent Limit The Amount Of Future Child Support That Is To Be Paid To The Other (Custodial) Parent?
- My Wife Is A Delinquent On Her Court-Ordered Medical Payments For Our Child. Can I Sue Her For The Delinquent Funds In Small Claims Court?
- Can One Parent Be Ordered To Pay Child Support Even If She Never Married The Other (Custodial) Parent?
- I'm Marrying A Man Who Has Children From A Previous Marriage. He Regularly Pays His Child Support. Since I Earn More Than My Fiance, Am I Held Responsible?
- How Do Child Care Costs Get Factored In?
- I Am A Stepparent. Do I Have An Obligation To Support The Children From My Wife's Previous Marriage?
- I Am The Bilogical Father Of An Illegitimate Child Born To A Married Woman Who Had Agreed To Abort The Child. Do I Have To Pay Child Support?
- If The Obligor Parent Doesn't Pay, Can Visitation Be Stopped?
- Is Child Support Suspended During Summer Vacations With The Noncustodial Parent?
- My Wife Has Threatened To File For Bankruptcy. What Effect Does Bankruptcy Have On Child Support?
- My Income Dropped Dramatically When I Was Laid Of My Job And Cannot Make My Child Support Payments. Is There Anyway I Can Lower My Child Support Payments?
- Do I Need To Use An Attorney To Do The Paperwork For Releasing A Consenting Father Of His Parental Rights?
- What Are The Tax Consequences Of Child Support?
- What Efforts Can Be Taken To Collect Child Support From The Parent Who Does Not Pay?
- What If The Obligee Does Not Spend Any Money On The Child?
- What Is The Parent Locater Service?
- What Other Collection Remedies Are Available?
- What Effect Does Bankruptcy Have On Child Support?
- What Is Child Support, And How Is Child Support Determined?
- What Factors Are Used To Calculate Child Support Payments? Can The Amount Of The Payment Change Over Time?
- Is A Father Who Never Married The Mother Still Required To Pay Child Support? What If The Father Is Not Allowed To See The Child?
- What Happens To A Father Who Refuses To Pay Court Ordered Child Support?
- Does Every State Follow The Same Formula In Calculating Child Support?
- Can The State Terminate A Parent's Rights Over Their Children?
- Can A Child Support Order Be Changed Or Modified?
- My Ex Is Not Making Child Support Payments – What Can I Do?
- How Is Child Support Ordered And What Exactly Is It?
- Can My Parental Rights Be Terminated While I Am In Jail?
- When May Maintenance And Support Be Awarded By A Court?
- How Does A Parent Having Custody Obtain Child Support From The Other Parent?
- Can an order for maintenance or support be changed or varied?
- Can the amount of support payments be changed?
- My Children And I Need Money Now. Their Father Left Us Ten Years Ago. Will OCSE Still Try To Find Him?
- Is child support dischargeable in bankruptcy?
- Does filing for bankruptcy allow me to modify my child support obligation?
- How Does The Court Decide Who Gets The Children?
- What Happens To Custody When One Parent Needs To Relocate?
State specific Child Support FAQs
Family Law Sub-categories
Child Support Enforcement
Emancipation of Minors