Can I file for bankruptcy every few years?
No. Once a discharge is granted, a debtor who filed under Chapter 7 or 11 is prohibited from filing for another 6 years. However, a debtor who filed under Chapter 7 can file a chapter 13 before the 6 year bar is over, but not another Chapter 7.
Additional Chapter 13 Bankruptcy FAQs
- I want to know if I qualify for bankruptcy – what are the eligibility requirements?
- Do I need an attorney to file for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
- How will a lawyer help with my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
- What is a bankruptcy trustee and who is the United States trustee?
- How much does a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney cost?
- Will my Chapter 13 Bankruptcy case be stronger if I use a lawyer?
|Chapter 7 Personal Bankruptcy|