What should I do if I've been exposed to asbestos? What if I don't feel sick?
If you've been exposed to asbestos it is important to tell your doctor! Even if you don’t feel sick, the fact is that people usually don’t show any signs or symptoms of asbestos-related disease for 10 to 20 years or more after exposure. A doctor can order a chest x-ray, lung function tests and other screening to be able to tell if you have any health problems due to asbestos exposure.
If you have developed health problems from asbestos, you may have a legal claim depending on the circumstances of your exposure to it. An attorney can tell you what legal options may be available for your situation.
Additional Asbestos FAQs
- Is asbestos hazardous to your health?
- Who Is Most Likely To Be At Risk?
- Has the federal government established laws or regulations to decrease asbestos exposure?
- What should I do if I've been exposed?
- Who can file an asbestos-related lawsuit?
- What happens when someone inhales asbestos fibers?
- How do you get mesothelioma?
- What is mesothelioma and how do you get it?