Is It Different For Exempt Or Non-Exempt Workers?
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is The State's Minimum Wage?
- Is It Different For Part-Time Or Full-Time Employees?
- Is It Different For Weekend Or Holiday Work?
- How Frequently Must Employees Be Paid?
- Is It Different For Employees Paid Above Or Below A Certain Wage Level?
- Is It Different For Hourly Or Salary Paid Staff?
- If A Payday Falls On A Weekend Or Holiday, When Must Paychecks Be Distributed?
- Can Employees Be Required To Accept Direct Deposit Of Their Paychecks?
- How Long After A Workweek Or Bi-Weekly Pay Period Ends Must Employees Be Paid (E.G., If A Workweek Ends At Midnight On Sunday, By What Date Must The Check Be Distributed?)
- If An Employer Wishes To Change Its Workweek Or An Employee's Rate Or Manner Of Pay, How Much Advance Notice Is Required?
- What Is The State's Minimum Payment With Respect To An Employee Garnishment?
- Can An Employer Make Deductions From An Employee's Wages Due To:
- If Substance Abuse Testing Or A Criminal Records Check Is Required By The Employer As A Condition Of Employment, Can The Applicant Be Required To Pay The Cost Of Taking That Test?
- When Must The Final Paycheck Be Provided To Any Employee Who Resigns, Retires, Or Is Discharged?
- Is It Permissible For An Employer To Adopt Personnel Policies Which Provide That No Payment Will Be Made Upon Cessation Of Employment (Whether By Retirement, Resignation, Or Discharge) For Unused Sick Days, Personal Days, And Vacation Days? If So, Can Such A Policy Provide That No Such Payment Will Be Made If An Employee Resigns Without Giving At Least Ten (10) Days' Written Notice Or Before His Or Her Anniversary Date?
- Is An Employer Required To Pay Overtime Premium Pay To Employees Who Are:
- Is An Employer Required To Pay Overtime Premium Pay To Employees Who Are Employed On A Public Works Project?
- If An Employee Were To Die, What Rules Apply With Respect To The Final Payment Of Wages To That Worker's Heirs Or Next Of Kin?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide Meal And Rest Breaks?
- Are Employers Required To Post Wage, Wage-Hour Or Family Leave Posters?
- Can An Employer Adopt A Vacation Policy Which Provides That: