How Do I Get Started?
Montpelier (802) 8282765
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Does The Employer Have To Pay The Vermont Minimum Wage Or The Federal Minimum Wage?
- What is the minimum wage in Vermont?
- What Is The Current Minimum Wage For Waitpersons?
- I Have Been Fired Or Laid Off. When Is My Pay Due?
- My Employer Let Me Go And Did Not Give Me Any Reason (Or Gave Me An Unfair Reason). What Can I Do?
- If I Quit Or Am Discharged, Will I Receive Pay For Vacation Or Sick Leave?
- If I Work More Than 40 Hours A Week Do I Automatically Get Overtime Pay?
- I Am On Salary And When I Take A Day Off My Employer Reduces My Salary. However, When I Work Overtime My Employer Does Not Pay Extra. What Can I Do?
- Can My Employer Suspend Me Without Pay?
- Can My Employer Take Money Out Of My Wages To Cover Cash Register Shortages Or Damages?
- Can My Employer Make Me Pay For My Uniform?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Or Lay Me Off Without Notice?
- Am I Entitled To Severance Pay If I Get Laid Off Without Notice?
- Is It Legal For My Employer To Change The Hours On My Time Card?
- Is My Employer Required To Provide Me With Rest Periods Or Lunch Breaks?
- If I Work A Holiday Am I Entitled To Time And A Half?
- What Determines Overtime Hours?
- Who Is Covered By Vermont's Occupational Safety And Health Administration (Vosha)?
- Is There A Minimum Number Of Employees I Must Have Before Vosha Has Jurisdiction?
- If A Business Has A Fatality Or 3 Or More Employees Transported To The Hospital, Do I Have To Report It?
- Can I Get Help With Identifying And Correcting Workplace Hazards?
- Will A Vosha Enforcement Officer Be Sent Out As A Result Of This Call?
- Is There Anyone Who Can Provide Training For My Employees On Workplace Hazards?
- If A Vosha Enforcement Finds Violations At My Workplace Will There Be Any Penalties?
- If I Am Cited Can I Appeal The Citations?
- Am I Required To Correct All The Violations Found?
- I Think That My Workplace Is Unsafe. Can You Help Me?
- If I File A Complaint, Will It Be Kept Confidential?
- How Are Vosha Inspections Determined?
- How Can I Get Information On Safety And Health Standards, The Standard For General Industry And Construction, Osha 300 Logs, Small Business Handbooks, Confined Space Or Hazard Communication?
- Where Can I Get Information On Health Hazards, Such As Chemical Exposures, Asbestos, Indoor Air Quality, Or Blood-Borne Pathogens?
- Are There Any Temperature Requirements For Working Conditions?
- What Does The Project Worksafe Consultation Service Cost And Who Is Eligible?
- What Is The Project Worksafe Consultation Service All About?
- As An Employer, Must I Fix All Identified Hazards And How Is It Verified?
- Will A Consultation Lead To A Vermont Osha Inspection?
- How Much Will It Cost To Correct Any Identified Hazards?
- Can A Consultant Conduct Onsite Training Sessions?
- Will Consultants Require Access To All Areas During A Consultation Visit?
- Have Consultants Visited Or Will They Subsequently Visit My Competitor?
- How Does A Company Qualify For A Vermont Osha Exemption?
- How Long Does It Take To Conduct A Consultation?