What Is The Minimum Wage For Tipped Employees?
- (i) shall pay the tipped employee at least the cash wage obligation as an hourly wage; and
(ii) may compute the remainder of the tipped employee's wage using the tips or gratuities the tipped employee actually receives. An employee shall retain all tips and gratuities except to the extent that the employee participates in a bona fide tip pooling or sharing arrangement with other tipped employees.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is Employment Discrimination?
- What Is The Law On Final Paychecks For Termination?
- What Is The Rule On Final Paychecks For A Resignation?
- What Is The Rule On Final Paychecks For An Industrial Dispute?
- What is the minimum wage in Utah?
- What Are The Exemptions From The Utah Minimum Wage Act?
- Are There Exceptions To "at Will" Employment?