What Are The Prohibited Occupations For 14 And 15 Year Olds?
- Manufacturing, mining, or processing occupations, including occupations requiring the performance of any duties in work rooms or work places where goods are manufactured, mined, or otherwise processed;
- Occupations which involve the operation or tending of hoisting apparatus or of any powerdriven machinery other than office machines;
- The operation of motor vehicles or service as helpers on such vehicles;
- Public messenger service;
- Occupations which the Secretary of Labor may, pursuant to Section 3(l) of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Reorganization Plan No. 2, issued pursuant to the Reorganization Act of 1945, find and declare to be hazardous for the employment of minors between 16 and 18 years of age or detrimental to their health or wellbeing;
- Occupations in connection with:
- Transportation of persons or property by rail, highway, air, water, pipeline, or other means;
- Warehousing and storage;
- Communications and public utilities;
- Construction (including demolition and repair);
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Texas Employment Law
- What Is The History Of The "texas Payday Law"?
- Who Is Covered By The Texas Payday Law?
- What Are The Filing Procedures?
- What Are The Rights, Duties And Obligations In Employment?
- What Are Legitimate Deductions From Wages?
- Is There A Requirement To Secure Payment Of Wages?
- What About Collections Of Wages?
- Are There Penalties For Employers Who Dont Pay?
- What Is The Texas Child Labor Law?
- What Are The Hours Of Employment For A Child?
- What Is The Hardship Exemption?
- What Are Permitted Occupations?
- What Are Prohibited Occupations For 16 And 17 Year Olds?
- What Are The Penalties For Child Labor Violations?
- Is Injunctive Relief Available?
- What Are The General Exemptions To The Child Labor Laws?
- Outline Of Hazardous Occupations For 16 And 17 Year Olds
- Are There Minimum Wages For Agricultural Employees?
- Are There Exemptions From The Minimum Wage Act?
- What If I Have Not Been Paid The Minimum Wage?
- How Are Wages Paid?