My Child Is 15 And Wants To Work. Where Do I Get A Work Permit?

The state no longer issues work permits. The minor needs to provide the prospective employer with a copy one of the following documents as proof of age birth certificate, drivers license, state issued ID or copy of their passport.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources