How Is My Employer Account Charged For Benefits Paid To My Former Employees?
Covered base period wages paid by Employer A = $5,000 (50%)
Covered base period wages paid by Employer B = $2,500 (25%)
Covered base period wages paid by Employer C = $2,500 (25%)
If the claimant was paid an unemployment check in the amount of $200, each employer's charge is as follows: Employer A = $100 (50%)
Employer B = $50 (25%)
Employer C = $50 (25%)
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- Tennessee Employment Law
- Are There Any Legal Restrictions Against Firing, Suspending Or Disciplining Employees?
- What Is The Whistleblowers Law?
- Are There Exceptions To The Tennessee Employment At Will Law?
- What Is The Americans With Disabilities Act - Ada?
- What Is The Family And Medical Leave Act – Fmla?
- Can An Employee Be Discharged While Out Sick Even Though They Provide A Doctor's Statement?
- How Do I File A Claim For Discriminatory Practices?
- What Is Pregnancy Discrimination?
- What About Last Wages Due Deceased Employee?
- What Are Unauthorized Deductions From A Paycheck?
- What About Overtime And Minimum Wage, For Salaried Employees?
- What If I Have Questions Concerning A Pension Or 401(K) Plan?
- Who Enforces State Labor Laws?
- Does Tennessee Require Labor Laws To Be Posted?
- Does Tdlwd Provide Advice On Garnishments, Tax Levies, Or Other Similar Withholdings From Pay?
- Will Tdlwd Provide Me With Legal Representation Or Advice?
- As An Employer Must I Provide A Former Or Current Employee With A Copy Of My Employment Personnel Files?
- What Is The Law Concerning Payment Of Final Paychecks To Employees?
- Isn't My Employer Required To Provide Breaks And A Meal Period?
- How Often Must My Employer Pay Me?
- My Employer Has Just Told Me He Is Going To Cut My Pay. Can He Do This Without My Approval?
- Can My Employer Hold My Paycheck Until I Return My Uniform, Etc.?
- Can My Employer Withhold The Cost Of My Uniform, Equipment, Company Loans, Shortages And Negligence, Etc. From My Paycheck?
- I Work In The Same Job Classification As A Person Of The Opposite Sex, But I Am Paid Less. Is This Legal?
- If I Complain About Equal Pay, Whose Wages Would Be Adjusted?
- Can An Employer Terminate An Employee For A Claim On Equal Pay?
- Is An Employer Required By Law To Provide Paid Vacation, Holidays, Severance Pay, Sick Pay Or Health Insurance?
- If An Employer's Policy Provides A Paid Vacation And The Employee's Employment Is Terminated, Is The Employer Required To Compensate For Any Vacation Time I Have Accrued But Not Used?
- If An Employee Terminates Voluntarily Or Involuntarily, Does The Employer Have To Pay All Wages Due At The Time Of Termination?
- If The Employer Refuses Payment Of Wages, What Can The Employee Do?
- If An Employee Is Still Employed And The Employer Is Not Paying The Employee Correctly And They File A Wage Claim, Can They Be Terminated?
- Who Determines How Many Hours A Part-Time Employee May Work And How Long May An Employee Be Consider Part-Time?
- My Employer Has Just Told Me That I Am Going To Be Paid By Direct Deposit. Can He Do This?
- My Child Is 15 And Wants To Work. Where Do I Get A Work Permit?
- What Is The Age A Child Can Go To Work? Are There Any Restrictions?
- Are Breaks Required For Minors Under Age 18:
- Are These Restrictions The Same For 16 And 17 Year Olds?
- I Am Working On A State-Funded Prevailing Wage Project? I Am Performing The Duties Of A Carpenter But Not Being Paid The Correct Wages. Can You Help Me?
- Does The Department Of Labor And Workforce Development Make On-Site Inspections?
- Who Sets The Prevailing Wage Rates?
- If A Contractor Has Not Paid The Prevailing Wage Rate, What Can Be Done?
- Who Is Liable For Unemployment Insurance Premiums?
- How Does My Business Register As A New Employer?
- Who Are Employees?
- What Is A Reimbursing Employer (Not-For-Profit And Government Entities)?
- If My Business Has Employees Working In Several States, To Which State(S) Should I Report The Employees?
- How Is My Premium Rate Determined?
- How Does My Business File Quarterly Reports?
- What Is The Definition Of Wages?
- What Are Taxable Wages?
- When Are My Quarterly Reports Due?
- What Is Magnetic Media Reporting?
- If I Have Questions About My Employer Account, Whom Should I Call?
- What Is A Successor Or Same Party Of Interest Successor?
- How Do I Terminate/Cancel My Account?
- How Do My Premiums Paid To Tennessee Affect My Federal Unemployment Tax (Futa)?
- I Am Considering Discharging One Of My Employees. What Information Will I Need To Provide To The Unemployment Office If This Employee Files A Claim For Benefits?
- I Have A Probationary Employee That Is Not Working Out. If I Discharge Him, Will He Be Eligible For Unemployment ?
- I Hired An Individual To Fill-In For Someone. When I No Longer Have Work For The Temporary Employee, Will I Be Charged If He Files For Unemployment Compensation?
- I Told This Employee At The Time Of Hire That This Would Be A Temporary Job. Will He Still Be Eligible For Benefits When The Job Is Completed?
- I Never Employed This Individual, So How Can I Be Charged?
- A Former Employee Has Quit My Employment. When Someone Voluntarily Quits Do I Have Any Liability For Benefit Charges?
- Can Someone Work And Draw Unemployment Benefits?
- Can One Work And Collect Benefits?
- Can I Inquire As To Whether Someone Is Drawing Unemployment Benefits?
- If I Receive An Audit Card Does That Mean The Employee Is Drawing Unemployment?
- How Can I Report Someone Who Is Working And Drawing Unemployment Benefits?
- If My Business Is A Party To A Back Pay Award Is That Award Reportable?
- When An Employee/Applicant Is Drug Tested, Is The Employer Required To Utilize A Medical Review Officer (Mro)?
- How Accurate Are The Drug Testing Methods That I Will Be Required To Use?
- Could There Be Legal Challenges?