What Are The Legal Holidays?
Columbus Day, Second Monday in October
Memorial Day, Last Monday in May
Veterans' Day, November 11*
Independence Day, July 4*
Thanksgiving Day, Fourth Thursday in November
Victory Day, Second Monday in August
Christmas Day, December 25*
Labor Day, First Monday in September
* If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the day following is observed as the legal holiday
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- I Was Terminated From My Job And Feel It Was Unjust. What Can You Do For Me?
- How Is Overtime To Be Paid? What Are The Exceptions?
- What Is The Minimum Wage? What Are The Exceptions?
- What Is The Minimum Wage For Wait Staff?
- What Types Of Records Of Hours Must Be Kept And Who Is Exempt?
- What It The Law Regarding Lunches And Breaks?
- I Work For A Manufacturer On Sundays, How Should I Be Paid? Exemptions?
- If I Work More Than 40 Hours In A Week And 8 Hours On A Holiday, How Am I To Be Paid?
- If I Am Paid Hourly, Should I Be Paid Weekly?
- How Am I To Be Paid, And How Is A Payday Established?
- Is It A Law That I Should Be Receiving A Pay Stub?
- What Is The Vacation Law?
- I Work On A Cash Register And At Times The Drawer Is Short. Can The Employer Deduct The Shortage From My Pay?
- I Was Promised A Bonus From My Employer, But He Has Not Paid It Yet. Can You Help Me?
- What Hours Can 16-17 Year Old Minors Work And How Many Hours?
- What Hours Can 14-15 Year Old Minors Work And How Many Hours?
- What Kind Of Work Can A 14-15 Year Old Do? What Kind Of Work Can They Not Do?
- What Is The Parental And Family Leave Act?
- When And How Can I Apply For Ui Benefits?
- What Information Will I Need To File An Unemployment Claim?
- Who Can I Call If I Have Questions About My Claim?
- Am I Eligible For Ui?
- What Are The Earning Requirements For Ui Benefits?
- What Is The Base Period?
- What Is An Alternate Base Period?
- When Does My Claim Begin?
- When Will I Receive My First Check?
- Why Didn't I Receive A Check For The First Week I Was On Ui?
- If I File Another Claim, Do I Have To Serve Another Waiting Period?
- How Much Will I Receive?
- How Much Will I Receive For Dependency Allowance?
- How Long Can I Collect?
- Why Is My Ui Check Less Than My Full Benefit Amount?
- Can I Collect Ui If Receiving Pensions Or Owe Child Support?
- Why Would I Be Denied Benefits?
- Can I Collect Ui If I Work For The School Department?