Must The Rest Breaks Always Be Given In The Middle Of Each Four-Hour Work Segment
|Length of work period||Number of rest breaks required||Number of meal periods required|
|2 hrs or less||0||0|
|2 hrs, 1 min5 hrs, 59 mins||1||0|
|6 hrs, 1 min10 hrs||2||1|
|10 hrs, 1 min13 hrs 59 mins||3||1|
|14 hrs1 min to 18 hrs||4||2|
|18 hrs, 1 min21 hrs, 59 mins||5||2|
|22 hrs, 1 min24 hrs||6||3|
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Oregon?
- What Is The Federal Minimum Wage?
- So Which Minimum Wage Am I Required To Pay My Employee -- The State Or The Federal?
- How Much Has The Minimum Wage Increased In Recent Years?
- Can I Pay My New Employees A Training Wage Which Is Below The Minimum Wage?
- Can I Count An Employee's Tips Against The Minimum Wage?
- If I Hire Minors, Do I Need To Pay Them Minimum Wage?
- If I Pay My Employee On A Commission, Does The Minimum Wage Law Still Apply?
- My Employee Worked 42 Hours In The Five-Day Period From Thursday Through Monday. Is He Due Two Hours Of Overtime?
- My Pay Periods End On The 15th And 30th Of Each Month. Is It Correct To Pay Overtime When The Employee Works More Than 80 Hours In The Two-Week Pay Period?
- For Purposes Of Calculating Overtime, How Is The
- Are Any Amounts Excluded From The Regular Rate Of Pay?
- When Is Overtime Required For Salaried Employees?
- How Is Overtime Calculated When Employees Work At Different Rates Of Pay In The Same Workweek?
- Are Employees Owed Overtime After A Certain Number Of Hours Worked In A Day?
- Can I Require Employees To Work Overtime?
- Can I Give My Employees "Comp Time" Instead Of Paying Overtime?
- Is It Legal To Flex An Employee's Hours Within One Workweek To Keep The Employee Under 40 Hours?
- If My Employee Works Unauthorized Overtime, Am I Obligated To Pay For It?
- What Does It Mean When An Employee Is "Exempt"?
- How Do You Determine Who Is Exempt From Overtime?
- I Understand That A Basis For Determining Whether Employees Are Exempt Is That They Are Paid On "A Salary Basis." What Does That Mean?
- Does This Mean That Deductions Are Never Allowed From The Salary?
- What Are The Rules On Final Paychecks?
- Are Non-Compete Agreements Valid?
- What Are The Basic Requirements For Meal Periods Under Oregon Law?
- How Is The "Work Period" Determined?
- Does The Meal Period Have To Be Taken During A Particular Part Of The Worker's Shift?
- What If The Nature Or Circumstances Of The Work Prevent Me From Giving My Workers An Uninterrupted 30-Minute Meal Period?
- Are Some Employees Exempt From These Rules?
- What Are The Basic Requirements For Rest Breaks Under Oregon Law?
- What Does "Major Portion" Of Four Hours Mean?
- How Do I Calculate The Number Of Rest Periods I Must Give My Employees In One Day?
- My Employees Say They Prefer To Skip Their Breaks And Instead Add Them Onto The Meal Period So They Can Have An Extended Lunch. As Long As They Receive The Correct Total Break Time, Is This Allowed?
- What Are The Work Hours For Minors?
- What Is Prohibited Work For Minors?
- What Is The Apprentice Exemption To Hazardous Orders?
- What Is The Student Learner Exemption To Hazardous Orders?
- What About Working Conditions For Minors?
- What Are Lawful Deductions From Wages?