Who Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
All nonagricultural employers who during the current or preceding year had one or more persons employed at any time during 20 or more weeks, or paid $1,500 or more in wages in a calendar quarter. Persons paying $1,000 or more in wages for domestic services in a calendar quarter in either the current or preceding year. Employers of agricultural labor who during the current or preceding year had 10 or more persons employed at anytime during 20 weeks, or paid in any quarter $20,000 or more in cash wages for agricultural labor. For more information, please check out the Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance in North Dakota
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in North Dakota?
- Am I Entitled To Breaks?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?
- When Does My Employer Have To Pay Me After I've Quit Or Been Fired?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To My Unused Vacation When I Quit Or Am Fired?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without A Reason?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- What Occupations Are Prohibited For Minors?
- How Do I File My Unemployment Insurance Claim?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I Certify My Eligibility For My Weekly Unemployment Checks?
- What Amount Of Unemployment Will I Get?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Much Can I Earn And Still Be Eligible For Benefits?
- What If I Disagree With A Notice, Determination, Or Decision?
- What Happens After I File An Appeal?
- What Happens In An Appeals Hearing?
- Do I Continue To Certify My Eligibility While I Am Appealing A Decision On My Claim?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- What Are The Tax Rates In North Dakota?
- How Do I Report And Pay The Taxes Due?