What Happens In An Appeals Hearing?
The hearing is typically conducted by telephone, although the referee may, upon request of one of the parties of interest, conduct the hearing in person. The hearing is conducted with all parties of interest. When necessary, witnesses may also participate in the hearing process. The employee, employer, and witnesses give testimony relevant to the case under oath. Each party has the opportunity to ask questions of the other party. Documents that are relevant to the case and support your testimony may be submitted into evidence for the referee to consider in making a decision. When all testimony is on the record, the hearing is closed and the referee will issue a decision.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in North Dakota?
- Am I Entitled To Breaks?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?
- When Does My Employer Have To Pay Me After I've Quit Or Been Fired?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To My Unused Vacation When I Quit Or Am Fired?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without A Reason?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- What Occupations Are Prohibited For Minors?
- How Do I File My Unemployment Insurance Claim?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I Certify My Eligibility For My Weekly Unemployment Checks?
- What Amount Of Unemployment Will I Get?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Much Can I Earn And Still Be Eligible For Benefits?
- What If I Disagree With A Notice, Determination, Or Decision?
- What Happens After I File An Appeal?
- Do I Continue To Certify My Eligibility While I Am Appealing A Decision On My Claim?
- Who Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- What Are The Tax Rates In North Dakota?
- How Do I Report And Pay The Taxes Due?