What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
To qualify you must be unemployed at the time of filing or working less than fulltime and earning wages less than your weekly benefit amount. You must have a minimum of $2795 in covered wages from the highest 2 ½ quarters of your base period and your total base period wages must be 1 ½ times your highest quarter's wages.
You may have enough covered wages in your base period and still be denied for other reasons. Some of the reasons for disqualification are listed below.
You may be disqualified if you:
- Were discharged or fired for misconduct
- Voluntarily quit without good cause
- Are not able and available for work
- Are not a U.S. citizen and not authorized to work
- Have limited the wages, hours, days, or areas of a job you would accept
- Do not report for or satisfactorily participate in reemployment services
- Are selfemployed
- Are involved in a strike
- Are not looking for work
- Refused suitable work
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in North Dakota?
- Am I Entitled To Breaks?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?
- When Does My Employer Have To Pay Me After I've Quit Or Been Fired?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To My Unused Vacation When I Quit Or Am Fired?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without A Reason?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- What Occupations Are Prohibited For Minors?
- How Do I File My Unemployment Insurance Claim?
- How Do I Certify My Eligibility For My Weekly Unemployment Checks?
- What Amount Of Unemployment Will I Get?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Much Can I Earn And Still Be Eligible For Benefits?
- What If I Disagree With A Notice, Determination, Or Decision?
- What Happens After I File An Appeal?
- What Happens In An Appeals Hearing?
- Do I Continue To Certify My Eligibility While I Am Appealing A Decision On My Claim?
- Who Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- What Are The Tax Rates In North Dakota?
- How Do I Report And Pay The Taxes Due?