What Amount Of Unemployment Will I Get?
The amount of Unemployment Insurance that you can receive is determined from wages earned during a "base period". Base period means a 12month/ period consisting of the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters preceding the date you filed your claim. Your weekly amount will be the total of your highest two and onehalf quarters of base period earnings divided by 65. The maximum and the minimum benefit amounts are determined by law and are subject to change each July.
You may be eligible for 12 to 26 weeks of benefits depending on the wages reported in your base period. This can be paid out throughout your 52week benefit year.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in North Dakota?
- Am I Entitled To Breaks?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?
- When Does My Employer Have To Pay Me After I've Quit Or Been Fired?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To My Unused Vacation When I Quit Or Am Fired?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without A Reason?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- What Occupations Are Prohibited For Minors?
- How Do I File My Unemployment Insurance Claim?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I Certify My Eligibility For My Weekly Unemployment Checks?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Much Can I Earn And Still Be Eligible For Benefits?
- What If I Disagree With A Notice, Determination, Or Decision?
- What Happens After I File An Appeal?
- What Happens In An Appeals Hearing?
- Do I Continue To Certify My Eligibility While I Am Appealing A Decision On My Claim?
- Who Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- What Are The Tax Rates In North Dakota?
- How Do I Report And Pay The Taxes Due?