How Do I File My Unemployment Insurance Claim?
To file a claim, call 18882633453. You will need the following information:
- Your Social Security Number
- Name, address and telephone number of all employers for whom you worked in the last 18 months or since last registering If you have military service in the last 18 months, you need to provide your DD214 (member 4). If registering by phone you need to fax a copy of your DD214 (member 4) to 17013282728 or mail a copy to JSND CS/CLAIM CENTER, P.O. Box 5507, Bismarck, ND 585065507.
- If you have Federal Civilian employment in the last 18 months, you need to provide your Standard form 8 (SF8) and Standard form 50 (SF50) issued to you by your federal employer. If registering by phone you need to fax a copy of your SF8 and SF50 to 17013282728 or mail a copy to JSND CS/CLAIM CENTER, P.O. Box 5507, Bismarck, ND 585065507.
- If you are not a US citizen but are authorized to be employed, your Alien Identification number.
- If you are a union member, the name and local number of your union hall.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in North Dakota?
- Am I Entitled To Breaks?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?
- When Does My Employer Have To Pay Me After I've Quit Or Been Fired?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Am I Entitled To My Unused Vacation When I Quit Or Am Fired?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without A Reason?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- What Occupations Are Prohibited For Minors?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I Certify My Eligibility For My Weekly Unemployment Checks?
- What Amount Of Unemployment Will I Get?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- How Much Can I Earn And Still Be Eligible For Benefits?
- What If I Disagree With A Notice, Determination, Or Decision?
- What Happens After I File An Appeal?
- What Happens In An Appeals Hearing?
- Do I Continue To Certify My Eligibility While I Am Appealing A Decision On My Claim?
- Who Must Pay Unemployment Taxes?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- What Are The Tax Rates In North Dakota?
- How Do I Report And Pay The Taxes Due?