What Is Required Once An Employer Is Determined Liable?
Once an employer is determined liable, an NYS45, Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting and Unemployment Insurance Return is required to be filed with the appropriate taxes due. Unemployment Insurance filing due dates are as follows:
|Quarter||Period Covered||Due Date|
|First Quarter||January 1 March 31||April 30|
|Second Quarter||April 1 June 30||July 31|
|Third Quarter||July 1 September 30||October 31|
|Fourth Quarter||October 1 December 31||January 31|
Your contributions are based on the first $8,500 of remuneration paid to each employee in a calendar year. Remuneration includes every form of compensation paid to covered employees including salary, cash wages, commissions, bonuses, tips, vacation pay, the value of meals and lodging, and other types of noncash compensation.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- New York Employment Law
- What is the current minimum wage in New York State?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Provide For Rest And/Or Meal Periods?
- Must An Employer Pay Employees For Holidays, Sick Time And/Or Vacations?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Due Cause?
- When Is The Last Check Due To A Terminated Employee?
- How Can Employees Obtain Assistance In Collecting Wages Owed To Them By Their Employer?
- How Do I Apply For Unemployment Insurance?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Is My Weekly Benefit Rate Determined?
- How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Are The Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Work?
- If An Employer Complies With The State Law Does That Guarantee Compliance With The Federal Law Or If The Employer Complies With Federal Law Does That Guarantee Compliance With State Law?
- When Is An Employer Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Does An Employer Register As An Employer?
- What Are The Unemployment Tax Rates?
- Do I Have To Look For Work While Collecting Unemployment Insurance Benefits?