How Is My Weekly Benefit Rate Determined?
Your original benefit rate is calculated on your actual high quarter wages. Your weekly benefit rate is one twentyfifth (1/25) of your high quarter wages. Wages are applied to the quarter in which they are paid. The current maximum rate is $405.
You have an additional option to have your benefit rate calculated using weeks worked and wages paid to you in your base period. You must finalize your choice of base period and establish a final quarterly rate before you can request your rate based on average weekly wage. If your rate is calculated using this option, the total weeks and wages will show on the bottom of the Monetary Determination mailed to you.
Although your claim lasts one year (your benefit year), during that time you can only receive 26 times your full weekly rate (or the same amount of money for weeks of partial unemployment).
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- New York Employment Law
- What is the current minimum wage in New York State?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Provide For Rest And/Or Meal Periods?
- Must An Employer Pay Employees For Holidays, Sick Time And/Or Vacations?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Due Cause?
- When Is The Last Check Due To A Terminated Employee?
- How Can Employees Obtain Assistance In Collecting Wages Owed To Them By Their Employer?
- How Do I Apply For Unemployment Insurance?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Are The Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Work?
- If An Employer Complies With The State Law Does That Guarantee Compliance With The Federal Law Or If The Employer Complies With Federal Law Does That Guarantee Compliance With State Law?
- When Is An Employer Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Does An Employer Register As An Employer?
- What Is Required Once An Employer Is Determined Liable?
- What Are The Unemployment Tax Rates?
- Do I Have To Look For Work While Collecting Unemployment Insurance Benefits?