How Do I Claim My Weekly Benefits?
The office where you file your claim will give you instructions on how to certify for benefits by telephone, or possibly by mailing your coupon. You will receive an instructional pamphlet explaining how to use the telephone to certify for unemployment insurance benefits.
The TELSERVICE LINE is available in both English and Spanish. Special provisions have been made for the hearing impaired. TELSERVICE is operational seven days a week including holidays.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the current minimum wage in New York State?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- Must My Employer Provide For Rest And/Or Meal Periods?
- Must An Employer Pay Employees For Holidays, Sick Time And/Or Vacations?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Due Cause?
- When Is The Last Check Due To A Terminated Employee?
- How Can Employees Obtain Assistance In Collecting Wages Owed To Them By Their Employer?
- How Do I Apply For Unemployment Insurance?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Is My Weekly Benefit Rate Determined?
- Are Unemployment Insurance Benefits Taxable?
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Are The Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Work?
- If An Employer Complies With The State Law Does That Guarantee Compliance With The Federal Law Or If The Employer Complies With Federal Law Does That Guarantee Compliance With State Law?
- When Is An Employer Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Does An Employer Register As An Employer?
- What Is Required Once An Employer Is Determined Liable?
- What Are The Unemployment Tax Rates?
- Do I Have To Look For Work While Collecting Unemployment Insurance Benefits?