Is A Work Permit Required For Minors?
Work permit certificates are required for students under 16 years of age. Certificates may be issued by schools and representatives of the Labor and Industrial Division.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Mexico?
- Does An Employer Have To Provide Lunch Breaks Or Rest Periods?
- Does An Employer Have To Pay Holiday, Vacation, Sick Or Severance Pay?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Work Overtime?
- Can An Employer Give Compensatory Time Off Rather Than Pay Overtime?
- Can An Employer Reduce An Employee's Wage Or Salary?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- How Often Must An Employer Pay Employees?
- What Can I Do To Receive Unpaid Wages?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Much Will I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- If I Was Fired Or Quit My Job, Can I Collect Benefits?
- If I Have A Separation Issue On My Claim, What Can I Expect?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- What Is The Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate For A New Employer?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- As An Employer, How Do I Establish A Tax Account?
- When Does An Employer Become Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I File Quarterly Wage Reports And Pay Taxes?
- What Is Apprenticeship?
- What Are The Basic Requirements For Entry Into Most Apprenticeship Programs?
- What Is The Human Rights Act?
- Where Can I File A Complaint Of Discrimination?