If I Have A Separation Issue On My Claim, What Can I Expect?
You and your employer will be asked to describe the circumstances surrounding your separation. Based on the information provided, a claims adjudicator will issue a decision in accordance with the New Mexico UI law. You will receive a written determination within approximately four weeks from your date of claim. If you are denied benefits and you do not agree, you may appeal the decision within 15 days from the date of determination.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Mexico?
- Does An Employer Have To Provide Lunch Breaks Or Rest Periods?
- Does An Employer Have To Pay Holiday, Vacation, Sick Or Severance Pay?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Work Overtime?
- Can An Employer Give Compensatory Time Off Rather Than Pay Overtime?
- Can An Employer Reduce An Employee's Wage Or Salary?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- How Often Must An Employer Pay Employees?
- What Can I Do To Receive Unpaid Wages?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Minors?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Much Will I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- If I Was Fired Or Quit My Job, Can I Collect Benefits?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- What Is The Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate For A New Employer?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- As An Employer, How Do I Establish A Tax Account?
- When Does An Employer Become Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I File Quarterly Wage Reports And Pay Taxes?
- What Is Apprenticeship?
- What Are The Basic Requirements For Entry Into Most Apprenticeship Programs?
- What Is The Human Rights Act?
- Where Can I File A Complaint Of Discrimination?