Does An Employer Have To Provide Lunch Breaks Or Rest Periods?
No. There is no statute that requires an employer to provide such breaks; however, deductions cannot be made from wages if less than 30 minutes is allowed for the breaks.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Mexico?
- Does An Employer Have To Pay Holiday, Vacation, Sick Or Severance Pay?
- Can An Employer Require An Employee To Work Overtime?
- Can An Employer Give Compensatory Time Off Rather Than Pay Overtime?
- Can An Employer Reduce An Employee's Wage Or Salary?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- How Often Must An Employer Pay Employees?
- What Can I Do To Receive Unpaid Wages?
- Is A Work Permit Required For Minors?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor May Work?
- How Do I File A Claim For Unemployment?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Much Will I Receive In Unemployment Benefits?
- When Can I Expect To Receive My First Check?
- If I Was Fired Or Quit My Job, Can I Collect Benefits?
- If I Have A Separation Issue On My Claim, What Can I Expect?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Unemployment Insurance?
- What Is The Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate For A New Employer?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- As An Employer, How Do I Establish A Tax Account?
- When Does An Employer Become Liable For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I File Quarterly Wage Reports And Pay Taxes?
- What Is Apprenticeship?
- What Are The Basic Requirements For Entry Into Most Apprenticeship Programs?
- What Is The Human Rights Act?
- Where Can I File A Complaint Of Discrimination?