What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me All The Money I Am Owed?
You can file a Wage Complaint form (MW31A) for monies due. Contact the Division of Wage and Hour Compliance at (609) 2922337. Once completed the form should be mailed to the address listed at the top of the form.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Jersey?
- When Is Overtime Pay Due?
- How Often Must An Employee Be Paid?
- Are Employers Required To Pay Benefits (Vacation, Sick, Severance, Holiday Pay)?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Breaks?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- Are All Employees Working In New Jersey Covered By The Laws Enforced By The Division Of Wage And Hour Compliance?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Limits On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Will Happen If I Am Overpaid?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Are The Criteria That Determine Liability For Unemployment Taxes?
- As An Employer, What Are My Responsibilities For Tax And Wage Reporting?
- How Do I Receive The Quarterly Reports I Must File?
- What Specific Information Is Required From Employers On Wage Reports?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A Reimbursement Account?
- How Are Unemployment Benefits Charged To My Account?