How Often Must An Employee Be Paid?
Every employer shall pay the full amount of wages due to his/her employees at least twice during each calendar month, on regular paydays designated in advance by the employer. Each time you are paid you must receive a statement of deductions listing the gross and net wages and all individually itemized deductions from your wages.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Jersey?
- When Is Overtime Pay Due?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me All The Money I Am Owed?
- Are Employers Required To Pay Benefits (Vacation, Sick, Severance, Holiday Pay)?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Breaks?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- Are All Employees Working In New Jersey Covered By The Laws Enforced By The Division Of Wage And Hour Compliance?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Limits On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Will Happen If I Am Overpaid?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Are The Criteria That Determine Liability For Unemployment Taxes?
- As An Employer, What Are My Responsibilities For Tax And Wage Reporting?
- How Do I Receive The Quarterly Reports I Must File?
- What Specific Information Is Required From Employers On Wage Reports?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A Reimbursement Account?
- How Are Unemployment Benefits Charged To My Account?