How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
You should always file as soon as possible after you become unemployed. When you file the claim, be sure to have available your Social Security number and the complete name and address of each employer that you worked for in the past 18 months.
You may file your new unemployment claim, or reopen an existing claim, via the Internet if you meet all the following requirements:
- You are a New Jersey resident;
- All of your employment in the past 18 months was in New Jersey;
- You did not work for the Federal Government in the past 18 months;
- You were not in the military service in the past 18 months.
If you meet these requirements, and you wish to file your unemployment claim via the Internet, visit the website at:www.njuifile.net.
If you do not wish to file your claim via the Internet, you may file by telephoning your Reemployment Call Center.
|Union City||(Serves Northeast New Jersey)||(201) 6014100|
|Freehold||(Serves Northwest and Central New Jersey)||(732) 7612020||Cumberland||(Serves South Jersey)||(856) 5072340|
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- New Jersey Employment Law
- What is the minimum wage in New Jersey?
- When Is Overtime Pay Due?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me All The Money I Am Owed?
- How Often Must An Employee Be Paid?
- Are Employers Required To Pay Benefits (Vacation, Sick, Severance, Holiday Pay)?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Breaks?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- Are All Employees Working In New Jersey Covered By The Laws Enforced By The Division Of Wage And Hour Compliance?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Limits On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Will Happen If I Am Overpaid?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Are The Criteria That Determine Liability For Unemployment Taxes?
- As An Employer, What Are My Responsibilities For Tax And Wage Reporting?
- How Do I Receive The Quarterly Reports I Must File?
- What Specific Information Is Required From Employers On Wage Reports?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A Reimbursement Account?
- How Are Unemployment Benefits Charged To My Account?