How Are Unemployment Benefits Charged To My Account?
When unemployment benefits are paid to a claimant, a charge equal to the benefit amount is made to the account of the employer for whom the individual worked. If the claimant worked for more than one employer during the period on which the benefits are based, each base year employer is charged proportionally for each benefit payment, which is determined by the amount of wages that the employer paid the claimant during the base year and total wages received during that period. The employer is notified of these charges quarterly on the form B187Q, "Unemployment Benefits Charged to Experience Rating Account."
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- New Jersey Employment Law
- What is the minimum wage in New Jersey?
- When Is Overtime Pay Due?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me All The Money I Am Owed?
- How Often Must An Employee Be Paid?
- Are Employers Required To Pay Benefits (Vacation, Sick, Severance, Holiday Pay)?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Breaks?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- Are All Employees Working In New Jersey Covered By The Laws Enforced By The Division Of Wage And Hour Compliance?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Limits On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Will Happen If I Am Overpaid?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Are The Criteria That Determine Liability For Unemployment Taxes?
- As An Employer, What Are My Responsibilities For Tax And Wage Reporting?
- How Do I Receive The Quarterly Reports I Must File?
- What Specific Information Is Required From Employers On Wage Reports?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A Reimbursement Account?