As An Employer, What Are My Responsibilities For Tax And Wage Reporting?
Each calendar quarter, all employers, other than domestic employers, subject to the provisions of the Unemployment Compensation Law are required to file the "Employer's Quarterly Report" (Form NJ927) and "Employer Report of Wages Paid" (Form WR30). Both the Form NJ927 and WR30 must be submitted for the quarters ending
March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31 of each year. Reports and tax contributions due must be filed by no later than the 30th day of the month immediately following the quarter. The due dates for reports and tax contributions are April 30, July 30, October 30 and January 30. Domestic employers who only employ household workers will file Forms WR30 and NJ927 on an annual basis.
The New Jersey Division of Revenue now offers payroll services the option of filing their customers' "Employer's Quarterly Report" magnetically. If you are interested in filing the Employer's Quarterly Reports magnetically, please contact the Division of Revenue Alternate Filing Branch at: (609)2921730 or click
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Jersey?
- When Is Overtime Pay Due?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me All The Money I Am Owed?
- How Often Must An Employee Be Paid?
- Are Employers Required To Pay Benefits (Vacation, Sick, Severance, Holiday Pay)?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Breaks?
- When Does An Employer Have To Pay Final Wages To A Terminated Employee?
- Are All Employees Working In New Jersey Covered By The Laws Enforced By The Division Of Wage And Hour Compliance?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- Are There Limits On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- How Do I File For Continued Weekly Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- What Will Happen If I Am Overpaid?
- What Can I Do If I Disagree With A Denial Of Benefits?
- What Are The Criteria That Determine Liability For Unemployment Taxes?
- How Do I Receive The Quarterly Reports I Must File?
- What Specific Information Is Required From Employers On Wage Reports?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements For A Reimbursement Account?
- How Are Unemployment Benefits Charged To My Account?