What If I Do Not Agree With The Determination That I Receive?
You may appeal a Determination if you disagree with it. You must appeal within fourteen calendar days from the date the Determination was mailed to you. Your Determination will show the date of mailing and the final day for receipt of your appeal by this Department.
You may file your appeal in person at the local NHES office where a special appeal form will be provided to you. Bring the document you are appealing with you. You may also file by mail by sending a letter to NH Employment Security, stating that you wish to appeal and why. Send a copy of the document you are appealing with your letter. The letter should be sent to:
NH Employment Security
Attn: Appeals Unit
PO Box 9505
Manchester, NH 031089505
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Hampshire?
- When Must Overtime Be Paid?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Periods?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Given A Reason Or A Notice?
- When Are Wages Due Upon Separation From Employment?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide The Employee With Access To Their Personnel File?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Are There Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Do I File Continued Claims For Weekly Benefits?
- What Determines My Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What Happens After I File My Appeal?
- What Happens At An Appeal Hearing?
- What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?
- Should I Continue To File Claims While My Determination Is Under Appeal?
- What Is "New Hire Reporting"?
- Whom Do I Report?
- How Do I File New Hire Reports?