What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?
You may request that your appeal be reopened. The request must be in writing to the Commissioner, NH Department of Employment Security, 32 South Main Street, Concord, NH 033014857, and it must be received or if mailed, postmarked, within 14 days of the date that the Appeal Tribunal decision was mailed.
Your request must state the reason(s) that your appeal should be reopened. The only reasons the Commissioner can accept are fraud, a mistake of fact or law, or the existence of evidence that could not have been reasonably available at the time of the hearing. You will be notified by mail of the Commissioner's decision. If a reopening is granted, you will be scheduled for a new hearing.
If the Commissioner says no, you may appeal to the Appellate Board. The appeal must be in writing and must be received by the Board, or if mailed, postmarked, within 14 days of the mailing of the Commissioner's decision. Mail the appeal to:
NH Department of Employment Security
32 South Main Street
Concord, NH 033014857
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Hampshire?
- When Must Overtime Be Paid?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Periods?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Given A Reason Or A Notice?
- When Are Wages Due Upon Separation From Employment?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide The Employee With Access To Their Personnel File?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Are There Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Do I File Continued Claims For Weekly Benefits?
- What Determines My Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What If I Do Not Agree With The Determination That I Receive?
- What Happens After I File My Appeal?
- What Happens At An Appeal Hearing?
- Should I Continue To File Claims While My Determination Is Under Appeal?
- What Is "New Hire Reporting"?
- Whom Do I Report?
- How Do I File New Hire Reports?