What Happens After I File My Appeal?
You will be notified by mail to appear at a hearing. Along with your notification you will receive a pamphlet explaining the appeals process. The hearing will be held at the local office where you file your claim. In some cases, such as an interstate claim appeal, the hearing will be conducted by telephone. If, for good reason, you cannot attend or call on the date scheduled, you may request a postponement according to the instruction on the notice.
If you decide to obtain an attorney for your hearing, your attorney must file an "appearance" letter with the appeal tribunal and the other interested parties to notify them of the attorney involvement in the hearing. Your attorney will be contacted by the appeal tribunal in order to schedule the hearing.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Hampshire?
- When Must Overtime Be Paid?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Periods?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Given A Reason Or A Notice?
- When Are Wages Due Upon Separation From Employment?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide The Employee With Access To Their Personnel File?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Are There Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Do I File Continued Claims For Weekly Benefits?
- What Determines My Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What If I Do Not Agree With The Determination That I Receive?
- What Happens At An Appeal Hearing?
- What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?
- Should I Continue To File Claims While My Determination Is Under Appeal?
- What Is "New Hire Reporting"?
- Whom Do I Report?
- How Do I File New Hire Reports?