Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
The Youth Employment Certificate is required for any youth 12 to 15 years old and must be on file at the employer's place of business within three business days of the first day of employment. Once a youth finds a job, the employer should than give them what is called an employers request for child labor form completed. The youth then would bring that to their local school or superintendents office and they will issue the certificate Employers are required to have on file at the work place, at the time employment begins, written permission by the parent or guardian of a 16 or 17 year old permitting the youth's employment.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Hampshire?
- When Must Overtime Be Paid?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Periods?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Given A Reason Or A Notice?
- When Are Wages Due Upon Separation From Employment?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide The Employee With Access To Their Personnel File?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Are There Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Do I File Continued Claims For Weekly Benefits?
- What Determines My Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What If I Do Not Agree With The Determination That I Receive?
- What Happens After I File My Appeal?
- What Happens At An Appeal Hearing?
- What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?
- Should I Continue To File Claims While My Determination Is Under Appeal?
- What Is "New Hire Reporting"?
- Whom Do I Report?
- How Do I File New Hire Reports?