How Do I File New Hire Reports?
You must file a New Hire Report within 20 days of the date of hire. In the alternative, you may mail or fax a copy of each employees' W4 form, or an equivalent form approved or provided by NH Employment Security. To report independent contractors, you may use, a Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, also known as a W9.
MAIL TO: NH Employment Security
PO Box 2092
Concord, NH 033022092
Attn: Tax Unit Supervisor
TEL: (603) 2294371 or 18008034485
FAX TO: (603) 2294324 or 18887833598
You may also file New Hire Reports by magnetic media (tape, 3 1/2 diskettes, or cartridge). If you decide and/or are required to file your New Hire Reports by magnetic media, you must make two monthly transmissions which are not less than 12 days nor more than 16 days apart. For more information about filing reports magnetically, contact the NHES Supervisor of Data Preparation at (603) 2284011.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Hampshire?
- When Must Overtime Be Paid?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Periods?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Given A Reason Or A Notice?
- When Are Wages Due Upon Separation From Employment?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide The Employee With Access To Their Personnel File?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Are There Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim?
- How Do I File Continued Claims For Weekly Benefits?
- What Determines My Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What If I Do Not Agree With The Determination That I Receive?
- What Happens After I File My Appeal?
- What Happens At An Appeal Hearing?
- What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?
- Should I Continue To File Claims While My Determination Is Under Appeal?
- What Is "New Hire Reporting"?
- Whom Do I Report?