How Do I File Continued Claims For Weekly Benefits?
Continue your claim by filing for weekly benefits by calling 18002662252 (or 6651600 in the Manchester area) after the week is over. Your Continued Claim is the actual request for payment of benefits that is made after the first calendar week of unemployment is over. (The week is not over until Saturday at midnight.) You may call to file your continued claim from 12:01am Sunday through 12 midnight Friday, except during the hours of 4 pm to 9 pm, Monday through Friday.
To be timely, the call must be made no later than 6 days after the week ending date of the week to be claimed. Your first continued claim will be for a oneweek period. Subsequent claims will be filed every other week. Continued claims for twoweek periods cannot be filed until after the second Saturday in the twoweek period has ended. You will have six days after the second Saturday has ended to file your continued claim for this twoweek period.
If you are unable to file your continued claim by telephone due to technical difficulties with either your phone or with the Department's telephone system, you are allowed to file your claim by mail, or visit your local office. There is a Continued Claim Form available to print and file your continued claim by mail.
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in New Hampshire?
- When Must Overtime Be Paid?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Lunch Periods?
- Can An Employee Be Fired Without Being Given A Reason Or A Notice?
- When Are Wages Due Upon Separation From Employment?
- Is An Employer Required To Provide The Employee With Access To Their Personnel File?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Are There Occupations That Are Prohibited For Minors?
- Where Can I Get Additional Information On Child Labor?
- What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Initial Claim?
- What Determines My Benefit Amount?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What If I Do Not Agree With The Determination That I Receive?
- What Happens After I File My Appeal?
- What Happens At An Appeal Hearing?
- What If I Disagree With The Decision Of The Appeal Tribunal?
- Should I Continue To File Claims While My Determination Is Under Appeal?
- What Is "New Hire Reporting"?
- Whom Do I Report?
- How Do I File New Hire Reports?