When Will I Get My Check?
If there are no problems with your claim, your first check will come approximately10 working days from the date of filing your initial claim. To receive continued weekly checks, you must file weekly (continued) claims. The earliest date to file your weekly claim is the Sunday following the Saturday week ending date.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What is the minimum wage in Nevada?
- How Often Must I Be Paid?
- What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without A Reason?
- When Does My Employer Have To Pay Me After I Quit Or Have Been Fired?
- What Is The Law Regarding Overtime?
- What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me My Wages?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
- How Do I Know I Am Eligible?
- What Will My Benefit Amount Be?
- How Do I File For Continued Benefits?
- Can I Work Part Time And Still Receive Benefits?
- What If I Am Overpaid?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Benefits?
- What Will Occur After I File An Appeal?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor May Work?
- Is An Employment Certificate Required To Hire A Minor?
- Are Any Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What Is Apprenticeship Training?
- Who Is Eligible For Apprenticeship Programs?
- How Much Pay Does An Apprenticeship Receive?