What Can Be Deducted From My Wages?

An employer may not withhold, deduct, or divert any part of an employee's pay other than those items required by federal and state law, unless the employee specifically consents to the deduction in writing. Deductions should be supplied on your pay stub. An employer must furnish this information within ten days of your written request.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law for Employees Resources