Please Explain The Osha Consultation Program.
Employers can request an onsite visit by one of the OSHA Consultation Program's consultants to determine if safety and health hazards exist. The goal of this program is to help Nebraska employers identify and correct potential safety and health hazards before they become dangerous and expensive problems. This service is provided at no cost to Nebraska employers with one or more employees. This service is not available to municipal, county, state or federal agencies or organizations.
The service provided to employers can include:
- Walkthrough Safety and Health Survey
- Safety and Health Program Assessment
- EmployerEmployee Training
- Ventilation System Evaluation
- Electrical Systems and Equipment Evaluation
- Review of Machine Guarding
- Noise Measurements
- Air Sampling and Analysis
- Assistance with Personal Protective Equipment
- Comprehensive Written Reports
- Technical Assistance
- Exemption from Routine OSHA Inspections
Upon completion of the visit, program staff will identify hazards in your business and supply written reports of their findings including recommendations on how to reduce or eliminate the hazards. Corrective action on serious and imminent hazards is required as part of the program. The employer and consultant set and agree to time lines for correction of the serious hazards. The employer will be asked to confirm that corrective action has been taken.
To obtain more information contact:
Nebraska Department of LaborOSHA Consultation
301 Centennial Mall South P.O. Box 95024
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509
(North Platte 3085358165 / Omaha 4025953168)
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Appeal?
- How Will The Hearing Be Conducted?
- What Will Happen After The Conclusion Of The Hearing?
- How Does My Business Establish An Unemployment Tax Account?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- What is the minimum wage in Nebraska?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- How Soon After Termination Of Employment Must An Employer Pay Wages?
- Is A Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor Can Work?