How Does My Business Establish An Unemployment Tax Account?
Employers must get an account established as soon as they have had enough payroll or employment as defined in the Law. For most employers this is $1500 paid in a calendar quarter or having any employees working in 20 different weeks of a calendar year. These amounts vary for agricultural employers, domestic employers, nonprofit employers, and governmental employers.
New Nebraska employers must be determined liable and complete an Application For An Unemployment Insurance Account to establish an account. Employers may complete the application and mail it or file an application online.
Once an employer is determined liable, he or she is issued an unemployment insurance account number. Once an employer has an account, employers are mailed quarterly Combined Tax Reports and Wage Reports each quarter. Reports and payments are due back at the Department of Labor by the end of the month following the end of the quarter.
Quarterly reports may also be filed online: UIConnect
Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney
Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment for employees attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Appeal?
- How Will The Hearing Be Conducted?
- What Will Happen After The Conclusion Of The Hearing?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- What is the minimum wage in Nebraska?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- How Soon After Termination Of Employment Must An Employer Pay Wages?
- Is A Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor Can Work?
- Please Explain The Osha Consultation Program.