How Do I File An Initial Claim For Unemployment Benefits?
All Unemployment Insurance benefit claims are filed by calling a Claims Center and completing the claim by telephone. Please have the following information available when you make your call:
- Your Social Security Number;
- Alien Registration Number (If you are not a U.S. Citizen);
- Nebraska Drivers License Number or Nebraska ID (If you have one);
- Complete names and addresses of all employers, and the dates that you worked for them during the past 18 months.
To file an initial New Claim application or to reopen an existing claim:
Lincoln Area (402) 4582500
Omaha Area (402) 8292800
Toll Free Number 18777259918
To file a Weekly Claim for a Benefit Check:
Lincoln Area (402) 4717850
Omaha Area (402) 5951030
TollFree Number 1888 2983455
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- How Do I Qualify For Unemployment Benefits?
- What Is The Weekly Benefit Amount?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- What Will Happen After I File My Appeal?
- How Will The Hearing Be Conducted?
- What Will Happen After The Conclusion Of The Hearing?
- How Does My Business Establish An Unemployment Tax Account?
- What Is The Tax Rate?
- What is the minimum wage in Nebraska?
- Am I Entitled To Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- How Soon After Termination Of Employment Must An Employer Pay Wages?
- Is A Permit Required For Employment Of A Minor?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours That A Minor Can Work?
- Please Explain The Osha Consultation Program.