Will The Labor And Industrial Relations Commission Hold Another Hearing?
The Labor and Industrial Relations Commission does not generally hold another hearing. Instead, it makes its decision based on a review of the entire record created at the hearing before the Referee.
The Commission may affirm, reverse, or modify the Referee's decision. The Commission may also send the case back to the Referee for further proceedings if the record is inadequate.
The party which loses at the Commission level may appeal to the appropriate Court of Appeals within 30 days of the Commission's decision. The Division of Employment Security may also appeal the Commission's decision.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Work?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What If Missouri And Federal Child Labor Law Do Not Agree?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Are Benefits Such As Vacation, Sick Leave And Health Insurance Required?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Can An Employer Require Their Employees To Work More Than Eight Hours A Day Or More Than 40 Hours Per Week?
- What is the minimum wage in Missouri?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Benefits?
- How Are My Benefits Figured?
- How Do I File My Weekly Claim?
- Can I Work Part Time And Receive Benefits?
- What Happens If I Receive An Overpayment?
- What Are Extended Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- How Do I Use The Modes-B-15 Card?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Must Pay Unemployment Tax?
- What Will My Tax Rate Be?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Reporting Wages By Magnetic Media?
- What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- What Will Happen After The Hearing?
- What Is Prevailing Wage?
- What Is The On-Site Workplace Safety And Health Consultation Program?
- What Is The Mine Safety Program?
- I Am A Contractor. Do I Need Training?
- What Types Of Mining Operations Does The State Of Missouri Inspect?
- How Can I Schedule A Consultation To Help Me Compile A Proper Mine Safety And Health Program?