What Can I Do If I Am Denied Unemployment Benefits?
You, or any of your former employers who are affected by a determination can appeal from the denial or the award of benefits. The appeal will be forwarded to the Appeals Tribunal in Jefferson City so that a hearing before a Referee may be scheduled.
Notify the Referee assigned to the case immediately when you know you cannot attend the scheduled hearing and request a postponement. Postponements are granted only for very good reasons.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Employment Law for Employees Articles
- What Is The Minimum Age For Employment?
- Are There Restrictions On The Hours A Minor Can Work?
- Are Certain Occupations Prohibited For Minors?
- What If Missouri And Federal Child Labor Law Do Not Agree?
- Does My Employer Have To Provide Rest Or Meal Breaks?
- Are Benefits Such As Vacation, Sick Leave And Health Insurance Required?
- Can My Employer Fire Me Without Reason Or Notice?
- Can An Employer Require Their Employees To Work More Than Eight Hours A Day Or More Than 40 Hours Per Week?
- What is the minimum wage in Missouri?
- How Do I File An Initial Claim For Benefits?
- How Are My Benefits Figured?
- How Do I File My Weekly Claim?
- Can I Work Part Time And Receive Benefits?
- What Happens If I Receive An Overpayment?
- What Are Extended Benefits?
- Are Unemployment Benefits Taxable?
- How Do I Use The Modes-B-15 Card?
- As An Employer, How Do I Know If I Must Pay Unemployment Tax?
- What Will My Tax Rate Be?
- What Is The Taxable Wage Base?
- Where Can I Get More Information On Reporting Wages By Magnetic Media?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- What Will Happen After The Hearing?
- Will The Labor And Industrial Relations Commission Hold Another Hearing?
- What Is Prevailing Wage?
- What Is The On-Site Workplace Safety And Health Consultation Program?
- What Is The Mine Safety Program?
- I Am A Contractor. Do I Need Training?
- What Types Of Mining Operations Does The State Of Missouri Inspect?
- How Can I Schedule A Consultation To Help Me Compile A Proper Mine Safety And Health Program?